Early Intervention Worker
Plan and deliver two programmes in Primary Schools and Secondary Schools in Peterborough to children and young people.
Contract: Fixed term until 31st October 2025
Salary: Scale 3a £12818 per year to be paid throughout the year. (full time equivalent is £25363)
Hours: 25 hrs per week term time only
Annual Leave: N/A
Interviews: WC 22nd January 2024
Plan and deliver the Day Programme and Healing Together programme in Primary Schools and Secondary Schools in Peterborough to children and young people.
The Healing Together Programme will be delivered to children aged 6-11 years old. This programme has been put together by clinical and trauma informed experts to ensure that children and young people impacted by domestic abuse are able to access trauma informed help.
The DAY Programme will be delivered in Secondary Schools and Sixth Forms. DAY is a unique multimedia programme that uses short films, advertisements, and chart music to raise awareness and provide education about domestic abuse and exploitation in a relevant and exciting way. It is a 10-week course that has been designed to use with young people over the age of 14, although can be adapted for use with young people over 11 years.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Work with children and young people
- To carry out assessments on Children and Young People to assess their suitability for attendance on the Programmes.
- To deliver the Programmes in groups or on a one-to-one basis.
- To keep accurate recordings of sessions with Children and Young People
- Provide advocacy role with and on behalf of children.
- Attend Child Protection Conferences and participate in core groups as necessary.
- To gather evaluation feedback from Children and Young People
- To offer a package of aftercare to Children and Young People on completion of the programme
Liaison with staff, other agencies, and volunteers
- Create a referral pathway for schools and other agencies to refer into the project.
- Advise, support, and liaise with staff in other relevant agencies.
- Complete safeguarding referrals and develop strong professional relationships with Safeguarding Leads in education.
- Develop a training and awareness package to promote the project.
- Attend in-house and community meetings specifically relevant to work in progress.
Development of Service Provision
- Attend and pass the DAY and Healing Together Programme training.
- Keep abreast of current issues of debate that surround the subject of families that experience domestic violence.
- Take up training relevant to your duties and future developments.
- Complete all mandatory and suggested training as required by PWA.
Administration and Finance
- Produce information, reports and publicity documents as may be required.
- Engage in Peterborough Women’s Aid fundraising activities.
- Prepare reports for the CEO in terms of referrals, outcomes and engagement.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. Posts will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and open to women only (Exempt under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1).
To download the full job description, please click here Job description
To Apply, please upload your CV, Covering Letter & our Application pack