What we offer:
Peterborough Women’s Aid offers free and confidential advice to victims who are living in Peterborough who want to regain control of their lives. In the first instance, to speak to a worker or to make an appointment to meet in your local area call 08454 103123.
Domestic abuse is when someone close to you causes you harm by using a range of abusive behaviours which may include physical, emotional, sexual , psychological or financial abuse.
Perhaps your current or ex-partner is threatening or bullying towards you or your children. It may be that your relationship doesn’t feel right. Contact us, we are happy to listen.
We are experienced in providing support, information and advice to victims who are experiencing a range of abuse.
Who can use the PWA Outreach Service?
- Women from any background can call us about past abuse, current abuse and any fears she has about future abuse
- Women who have separated from their abusive partner but feel confused, alone, lacking in confidence or are scared
- Women who have children and those who don’t
- Women who don’t know what to do or where to turn. For various reasons you may not be ready to leave your relationship
- The PWA Outreach Service mainly supports women living in Peterborough.
You are probably aware that you cannot continue alone for much longer and need to talk to someone who will understand what is happening in your life.
If you are worried about someone you know or work with, you can also contact us for advice. We are happy to speak to concerned professionals, neighbours, friends and family members.